0

Softskill : Effective Communication Skill



>
Effective Communication Skill is one of soft skills that are needed to work at Halliburton. I think, they  use English to communicate in the company because English is an international language and Halliburton is a worldwide company with 60,000 employees and over 80 countries. So, I have to have a skill to communicate effectively and it is in English. Therefore, I take an English course in ELTI Surakarta to increase, to be able, to be confident, and to gain the skill to communicate effectively in English.

In Solo or Surakarta, there are many good English courses such as ELTI, LIA, ILP, etc. I choose ELTI because of the fee, it is cheaper than others. I have to speak in English as often as possible, so I do not prior the quality of the teacher and choose the cheaper one. ELTI stands for English Language Training International that is centered in Jakarta and managed by KOMPAS GRAMEDIA.

Actually, I have starting the course since March. It has been almost three months. I started the course from level 2 for Active Communication. It was twice a week, on tuesday and friday. We had different teacher on that twice meeting in a week. On tuesday, we were taught by Mr. Rusdiayanto and Miss Mei taught on friday. Here is the payment of my course in ELTI.


On 29 March, the first class, was an introducing class. I hated that class because they talked about where they came from. Actually, I am not shy about my home town, Batam is a great town. My childhood was there. But, people from other islands only know about the bad things of Batam. Not mentioned here because you know what. After i told them where I came from, they said "hmm..Black Market". Huft.

For the first lesson in that class was about imperative. Mr. Rusdi showed us a picture of a firefighter saves a girl and asked us what the girl says to the man, only two words. Some student said thank you, but it was not what he meant. Save me. It was what he meant. He wanted to show us that English is simple. We can used only two words to make people understand what we mean. And it's called imperative. It was the first lesson there. The vocabulary that I write down on my note was crescent, in Bahasa means sabit.

First lesson with Miss Mei on friday, the same week, was about noun. There are two kinds of noun, uncountable noun and countable noun. Uncountable noun  means nouns that can be counted by measurement like liter, for example our body needs 8 liters of water everyday. Countable noun means nouns that can be counted one by one, for example I have two hands. As active communication class, we did a lot of conversations on game in the class. With Miss Mei, we played a game like who the best buyer and the best seller. The seller sold fruits and the buyer only had five thousands rupiah to buy fruits as many as they can. The best seller was the seller who gained the most on profit. I was a buyer, I got 25 fruits and still had four thousands on my hand, but they said it was not logic. I think it was great and the seller was the worst.


Day after day, I got boring in the class. The game was boring and the conversation was on the book. But, I still hope that someday it will be useful for my communication skill especially in English. It has been being 10 weeks now. I am going to have a test for this level. It will be held on 7 June for writing test and 10 June for verbal test. Wish me luck.

I forgot something, I was absent the class for three times because of emergency situation, such as rain, headache, and an unknown reason. Hehe.

Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top